Give to the Max Day
This year’s initiative is G.O.A. – Growing Out and Accessibility
Your gifts help us complete our Mission to provide a classical, liberal arts education. The funds we raise this year during our Give to the Max drive will directly support our G.O.A.– Growing Out and Accessibility–initiatives.
The last two years have marked a period of upward growth for Great Oaks Academy.
- We renovated and relocated to our beautiful new building.
- We added a Lakeville bus route and introduced our hot lunch program.
- We added 6th and 7th grades in our School of Logic, and kicked off our Activities and Co-Curricular programs.
- We welcomed many talented and passionate teaching and paraprofessional staff, and we’ve watched with wonder as our student population has grown at an awesome pace.
This year, we are embracing “outward” growth – the opportunity to fortify the foundation we have built. The rigor of our activities and co-curricular programs requires additional resources, and our growing student body means the families we serve have a broad range of needs.
The funds we raise will help cover costs like the following:
- Equipment for student performances
- Musical instruments and other music program resources
- Gym and sports equipment
- Uniforms, coaching resources, and participation costs for our sports teams
- Expanding specials like Latin, Music, PE, and future programs such as Art
- Additional bus routes for students outside of Farmington
- Essential resources to support our lunch program
Please consider donating on Thursday, November 16 on Give To the Max Day, or setting up a recurring monthly donation, to support the outward growth of Great Oaks Academy this year. Your annual donations to Great Oaks Academy have helped build who we are today, and continue our Mission!
Why does Great Oaks Academy need funding?
The broader goal for our campaign this year focuses on acAs a non-profit charter school, Great Oaks Academy receives general education funding from the state like other public schools. We also receive about 10% through federal programs. However, public charter schools are not able to raise funds from taxpayers using bond or levy referendums like conventional, district schools. As a result, the amount we receive per student is 30% less than traditional public schools.
Because of this financial gap, we rely upon fundraising to help us achieve our mission of becoming a K-12 charter school that serves the South Metro with high quality, classical, liberal arts education. These funds not only sustain current Academy expenses, but allow us to continue to deepen the programs we already offer and develop more programs to meet our community needs.
Funds may be raised at Great Oaks Academy through several areas of outreach:
- Matching Gift Programs
- Individual Giving
- Employee Giving
- Give to the Max
Donate to Great Oaks Academy
Gifts by cash or check are essential to the needs of Great Oaks. Gifts maybe made online or sent to:
Great Oaks Academy
115 Elm Street
Farmington, MN 55024
Other ways to donate:
- Set up a Monthly Gift to make your gift in affordable monthly payments.
- Set up an Annual or Multi-Year Pledge (monthly, quarterly, or annual payments).\
- Many organizations have Corporate Social Responsibility programs and Matching Gift programs within, that match their employees’ gifts to charities of their choice. If your workplace offers a Matching Gift program, you may have the opportunity to have your gift to Great Oaks Academy or volunteer hours matched financially, some up to 100%. Search here to see if your workplace matches.
A: Yes. Great Oaks Academy is a registered non-profit 501c3 organization. Gifts are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Cash gifts are 100 percent tax-deductible if no goods or services are received in return. Portions of event donations may be deductible if the price of ticket or event is less than its fair market value.
- Employee Corporate Matching Gifts
Q: How will my donation be used?
A: Donations will support Great Oaks Academy’s highest priorities unless.
Q: How do you recognize donors?
A: All donors will receive a gift acknowledgement and thank you with tax receipt and will be listed in Great Oaks Academy’s Annual Report.
Q: What is the preferred method of payment do you accept?
A: Great Oaks Academy accepts gifts of financial gifts of cash, check or credit card (Visa, MC, Discover, AMEX.)